Do websites need to change clauses as soon as their policies change?

Hi. So I recently applied for medicinal marijuana. The office that I contacted told me I wasn t eligible die to the fact that I m only 21. However, there was mention about getting parental consent

"Yes, if you are under the age of 25 you will need to get consent from a parent or guardian. We understand that the age of majority is 18, however research has shown that cannabis use under the age of 25 may hinder neural development. For this reason we require extra consent verifying you understand the possible risks." - BodyStream website as of 18/02/16

To which I got,

"We are taking that off of our website. That was part of the old system. We have since then been contacted by the College of Physicians and Surgeons."

Now, I ve only been in contact with this company since about Monday, but even on Monday, the clause about getting parental consent under 25 was still there.

My question is how long do websites have to change their information? Especially in regards to something to this nature? I just feel like I m being taken for a ride.

Comments

• They have as long as it takes. There are no laws that I am aware of that sets a time period to update a website. You may not be aware but a lot of information on the internet is incorrect.

• It is up to them what they want to do. You have no legal right to marijuana, just the legal opportunity to get it from places that want to provide it to you. If they have concerns that younger brains are still developing and marijuana might do them more harm than good, that's their medical prerogative to not offer you access.

• They have as long as it takes. If you don't like their policies, go somewhere else.

• It would help if you indicated the country where this occurred. Based on the way you wrote out the date I assume it is not the US.

• They can take it off whenever they get around to it.