Do Baptists of Irish heritage celebrate SAINT PATRICK'S DAY?

If so, why? Since they don't "believe in saints."

Comments

• For the most part. No. But the holiday is there not for anyone to celebrate. Rather it's there for everyone to celebrate. It's a great time to be with family and friends alike.

• Baptists may be somewhat illiberal of any perception that differs even the slightest from their very own. i understand with the aid of fact I grew up Baptist. That being reported, in spite of the shown fact that... I on no account in my view experienced every physique between the Baptists condemning St. Patrick's Day. Or 15 August 1945. actually an excellent variety of the church homes I attended becoming up could carry socials for those holidays. Now Halloween, nevertheless... it is yet another tale. LOL by the type, I often condemn 15 August 1945. yet for various reasons (i.e. it sucks!) :-))

• St. Patrick's Day is a secular celebration in the united states. Non-irish people celebrate the holiday basically just for the fun of it.

• some do, some don't just like most other denominatons as well as secular society.

evangelicals in ireland usually don't have a service on st patrick's day, but some churches on the closest sunday to 17th of march may give a sermon on the sigificance of st patrick.

also, it's not that we don't believe in saints, we just believe it's unbiblical to pray directly to anyone except to god through jesus.

i hope this helps.

• ANYONE can celebrate St. Patrick's Day! More seriously, anyone of Irish descent owes it largely to St. Patrick that his or her ancestors were Christians, whatever branch of Christianity that person now subscribes to.

• These are known as Orange men to the Irish, Protestants to others, but they do not commonly celebrate St Patty's day.

To the average observer, this is simply two religions coexisting in one country. Not so in Ireland. Mixing Catholics and Protestants is like mixing oil and water.

• Protestant Irish (the Orangemen, of whom I am not one) celebrate in their own way on St. Patrick's Day.

• I'm sorry but I have to laugh at some of these answers.

Protestants =/= Orangemen

Orangemen are Loyalists. They come in both Protestant and Catholic flavours.

• This article explains the history of St Pat's day.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/165789/sa...

• not bu going to church but yeah the do Happy St Pastricks Day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFN5pF49l8A