can i rehome my kitten yet?

i have an 8weekold kitten which im rehoming. his sister which we arek eeping has come alot further than him faster. he is 8weeks old & eating solids etc, his mum has stopped him suckling although still allows him now & again.... can he be rehomed yet or do i have to wait until stopped suckling fully?? the mum only goes to him when playing or he crys for her.... thanks in advance. please dont maon my cat got pregnant!

Comments

• It would be better to wait a couple more weeks. His immune system is still weak and he will depend on his mother's immunity to protect him from infections and diseases until his vaccinations kick in. Both kittens need to go for their first set of vaccinations now. They also need to be dewormed and spayed/neutered (mom too). Young kittens need interaction with other kittens so they become well socialized. During the next couple of weeks, mom will be teaching the kittens important survival and social skills they'll need their whole lives. Waiting a couple more weeks will give him a better start at life and will make him a better pet.

http://cats.suite101.com/article.cfm/ideal_age_to_...

• your just fine rehoming your kitten at 8 weeks my local humane society rehomes kittens at 6 weeks of age

kittens can start dry food as early as 6 weeks and do just fine on it

you may see that the mother cat is either

a)okay with her babies being gone or

b)can get slightly depressed

but she will come out of that in a few days and should be just fine

• per terra: I even have 4 cats and a parrot and my cats are a hundred situations smarter than that stupid ingredient!!! What clever animal defecates in it fairly is foodstuff and water dish? My cats would never dream of doing that. And who needs and animal that defecates on you and everywhere in the living house? i'll agree that he's the main cute dependable puppy I even have yet to very own yet who cares while it poops in all places and is dumb as a brick? Plus he assaults each and every boyfriend i've got had, my cats love my boyfriend! And cats come to us for foodstuff and affection, of course, do not all of us love our mothers for an identical reason? by using fact they take care people! and not damaging? have you ever had a parrot? My parrot tore up my settee and my vacuum hose (AND as quickly as back POOPS throughout)!

• Cats can suckle for months if its available for them. I got one of my kittens and 8 weeks old and she's always been fine. People usually sell between 8-12 weeks but never younger.

• u should not rehome kittens untill 12 weeks of age.

• nine weeks is much better than eight.

Just from a psychological and developmental point of view.