Started taking Vyvanse, began feeling weird - help please?

So I was prescribed Vyvanse the other day after talking to the doctor about my difficulty concentrating and possible ADD; I was put on a Vyvanse test run (was supposed to check back in a month's time). I only took it twice (two days, once each morning) but almost immediately it seemed to take effect. (I was on 30 mg, by the way). I felt suddenly very talkative (I'm usually not talkative at all), and had a light, airy kind of energetic feeling. I guess I felt good, but, it was a weird kind of "good". I felt off and kind of unusual. I started feeling kind of like I was in a haze. Not that I saw or felt an actual haze but that's the closet I can come to describing it. My heart rate also went up. Not by a dangerous amount but it did go up, even while I was resting.

The first day I took it, that night I got no sleep at all. I really did not sleep until about 8:00 in the morning and when I did I only got about 2 1/2 hours worth. The whole day after that I felt really off but yet had that weird kind of relaxed feeling. So my mom called the doctor telling her about my symptoms and I got a call back from the doctor's office this morning, they told me to stop taking it and are going to check up again on Thursday.

But all today I've still felt kind of weird and off. I slept alright last night but still, all day today I've felt off and still in that haze, so to speak. I didn't take my pill this morning as told, so I haven't had the talkative, energetic feeling but I still feel really weird and not at all like myself.

It's kind of freaking me out. So is this just part of me coming down, so to speak, from the amphetamines? Will I return to feeling normal again soon? I just don't know how long this stuff stays in your system or whatever. Anyway that about sums it up. thanks for reading.

Comments

• I take this also at first it does make you feel very weird for about 2 weeks. After that I had a huge improvement in my adhd symptoms. I've taken it over a year now and it works great. If you can get past the floaty weird feeling its a great medicine. I think maybe you should try a smaller dosage and build up to 30 if needed. : )