Evaluating integrals through piecewise function.?

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2vdmpli.jpg I tried breaking the integral in parts from -1 to 0 and 0 to 1. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Ok so I don't know if I did it right, if you have the final answer it would help to find out. But i got a final answer of 11/2 +e.

If that is right this is how i did it:

I integrated 1+9rootx for the interval [1,0]

-So you do that first by integrating 1+9rootx and then subbing in 1 to the integrated equation, and then sub in zero to the integrated equation, and subtract the zero value from the 1 value.

Then you do the same thing but with the equation e^-x+x except you do that with the interval of [0.-1]

Now that you have two values you add them together and voila!

Hope that helped. I may or may not have gotten the right final answer but the process I gave you should work and give you the right answer, if it doesn't you might be integrating something wrong!

I got a final answer of 11/2 +e

• This says to evaluate the critical of four from 0 to 2. The critical of four is merely 4x. So plug interior the endpoints for x and get 4*2 - 4*0 = 8 - 0 = 8. This additionally says (2d brackets) to evaluate the critical of a million from 2 to 3. The critical of a million is merely 1x or x. Plug interior the endpoints and get a million*3 - a million*2 = 3 - 2 = a million. those are the two products of the entire critical so the full critical is 8 + a million = 9.