distance makes the eys wander?

My long distance lover is the best thing that's ever happened to me, but I'm worried about his fidelity (and I know I shouldn't be but i've been burnt in the past - badly - and i find it hard to trust as it is, now this has happened...) We spoke on the phone and he told me that he was just going through to the other room and then he would be on msn, but then an hour or so passed and he still wasn't there so I phoned him and there was no answer on any of his phones. I got really worried about him (safety more than fidelity) so I phoned again but no answer... Then he phoned me about 2 hours later. Anyway, i'm trying to be trusting, and I accept his "I was cooking and left my phones in my bedroom" story. But I heard his flatmate ask in the background "which one of your gfs are you talking to?" and it's set my old fears alight - he says he was just winding me up, but i'm worried - do you think i'm gonna get hurt again?

Comments

• Long distance isn't for everyone, especially people who have been burned in the past. It may be that his roommate was just pullling your leg, but your boyfriend should tell him not to do that. I hope you're protecting yourself from STDs. I don't know a lot of long distance relationships that work out long-term. Think about what you want out of a relationship and wether he is actually everything that you want. (or at least most things) You may actually need more stability than you think you do.

• I don't want to set you up for disappointment, but my twin sister was in somewhat of the same situation...she was dating this guy then moved states away. Within three months he phoned my mother and told her he got another girl pregnant. Long distance relationships are a set up for a wandering eye, especially if he or she is used to intimacy on a frequent basis.

• Listen, I did not finish reading your essay but listen to this. I had a relationship once for 4 years. They always leave you, They always have a girlfriend where they are at. And at the same time they call you girlfriend. Yes, you are going to get hurt. He needs to satisfy his needs. And he will do it.