Headache cures for the pregnant woman?

She has a bad headache and we don't know what will help get rid of it. Anyone know of a cure?

Comments

• 2 tylenol

1 glass of room temp water

1 dark, quiet room

1 comfy bed

4 pillows (one for between her knees, 2 under her head, one for her to hold over her forehead and eyes)

Time

This ALWAYS works for me. The pressure from the pillows under her head and the one she holds over her forehead and eyes will make her head stop hurting enough for her to get some sleep, which is what she really needs right now.

There is *one thing this won't work for, dehydration. Sever headache can be a sign of dehydration. Make sure she's been drinking plenty of water. A really big sign of dehydation is dark urine. If her urine is very dark take her to the ER immediately. Dehydation is not something to play with in pregnancy. I know I've gotten that way before lol. Not fun.

• I have headaches that are soo bad I cant walk sometimes, and it only started when I got pregnant. But my dr. prescribed me Floricet. It works wonders!!! I dont go anywhere with out them bc I could get stuck somewhere driving and if I get a headache I cant drive. But I hope you find what works for you! Good Luck!

• I ask my husband to massage the back of my neck and head firmly when I have a headache. It usually relieves it for at least a few hours.

• 1 large glass of water

1 small serving caffiene (coffee, coke, tea, etc)

2 Tylenol

Ice pack on the forehead and a hot pack on the neck/lower back of the skull and lie in a dark roon.

• The only thing I found that worked was a benyodrl and taking a nap.

• regular strength tylenol and lots of rest . . . try drinking water, too . . she could be dehydrated . .

• my ob-gyn told me to take tylenol for mine and i always take a nap when i get one