Is Kevin Durant overrated?

Don't get me wrong, he's a good mid range shooter but that's it. People act like he's the best player in the NBA. I'd say he's Top 40, maybe Top 30. What do you think?

Comments

• Kevin Durant is not overrated He's one of the best AND HE'S STILL YOUNG!. Last time I checked 30.0 ppg is very good. 2007 National College Player of the Year and the 2006–2007 Big 12 Player of the Year finished second in the MVP voting for the 2009–2010 season. Thanks

• You could say so if you gave a viable reason but you clearly didn't so I'll explain why I do NOT think Kevin Durant is overrated.

Durant is one of the best pure shooters in the NBA. From the free throw line, 3-point line, or mid-range game.

He was the youngest scoring champion in the history of the NBA at the age of 21.

He scored more than 25+ points, 29 games in a row. Only Michael Jordan and Wilt Chamberlain have done that.

He is one of the best rebounders at his position other than Gerald Wallace.

Durant has learned to play solid defense.

He is the most consistent scoring threat in the NBA. He'll give you 30 points night in and night out.

Unless you have a great defender like Artest,or Deng,etc. you will NOT be able to stop this kid from reaching 30 PPG.

He lead the Thunder to a 27 win improvement last season and helped push them to an exciting series with the eventual champions, the Los Angelos Lakers.

So...when you are consistent have one of the best work ethics in the NBA, are an extremely humble person,lead Team USA to their first FIBA World Title in SIXTEEN years,became the league's youngest scoring champion,second in MVP voting at the age of 21, and giving you 30 points on 48% shooting and getting to the line, and shooting a solid 3-point percentage and getting you nearly 8 rebounds per game, along with 1+ block and 1+ SPG. You are NOT overrated. Atleast in my book.

• Didn't he just lead the United States to the Gold Medal in The 2010 FIBA World Basketball Championships this summer? Is this not the first Gold Medal the United States has won in this tournament in 16 years? Did Kobe play this summer? No. Did LeBron? Dwayne? Carmello? No, Kevin Durant did. I think Kevin Durant is a great player and he elevates the play of the players around him, which is truly the mark of a great player. I don't think Kevin Durant is overrated by any means.

• Kevin Durant is a really young player, him and Wall is the future of NBA, he's not overrated or underrated, but i wont put him top 5 yet but he's better then top 30 i think, he's in the top 15

• No way, no how - not over rated. He's a young and talented Small Forward, that is progressing each year in the NBA, both skill wise and leadership abilities. What do you expect? This is ONLY his third year in the league, and I have seen growth each year, with this year being no exception. Give the guy a break, sheesh! I will even go so far and say that he is better than most of his peers that came into the league at the same time that he did.

• Perhaps you're underating him? He was last years scoring champion, he was 2nd in the league in rebounds as a small forward, he's in the top ten in fg percentage in a small forward. and he's number 2 in blocks as a small forward. It is clearly shown that he leads or is second behind James in mst categories. He is one of the best players in the league, behind LeBron, Kobe, and Howard.

• He's a top 10 player imo.

• Top 5 or top 6 no doubt. Have you even watched him play?

• I think he's an execellent player, but he is NOT top five material. More like no. 8

• people here over rate everyone. That's why they aren't NBA analysis. Just Yahoo Users. lol.