Child Care ?

I currently just started to baby-sit from home; Is $100 a week too pricey? I also provide meals, drinks, and snacks. I would love for the children/ babys to have fun. What you like if you were leaving your child withsome. Any ideas will be great. Mothers and Fathers please answer !

Comments

• Thats a lot cheaper than what I am paying for a center daycare. I just want to know my son is safe and getting a lot of attention. Our center has lots of fun baby toys (bouncers, exersaucers, etc)

• I pay $165 dollars per week for one child. when my daughter starts, it'll be $185.00 for her plus the $165.00 $100 is not asking for too much. I'd have gone with a private care provider (home based) but there's just too many variables that I didn't want to chance with my kids. Kids of all ages being grouped together,ie. toddlers with 5 and 6 year olds when school was out. Only the one person to care for all of the kids. If she got sick, then we have to take the day off, whereas, a professional facility the other teachers are there. Boyfriends or other family members that may have questionable past histories accessible to my child. Not as much training when it comes to teaching, child development, and let's not forget first aid and CPR. The teachers at my son's school train quarterly. His facility is inspected by the Fire Dept, every 6 months. If you want to do this, just know that these children are someone's babies, and deserve the very best that you have to offer. If you feel that you can't handle it, then don't try. I hope your business takes off like a sky rocket. Just keep in mind what the parents are feeling ( or at least should be feeling). Good luck.

• It sort of depends on the hours that you provide and for what ages. I work in a center and infants for 5 days a week is $215. But we are open from 6:30am to 6:00pm and if they wanted they could bring them all day. Well most do not, but we are open 11.5 hours. We provide snacks, and drinks, but parents provide meals. The older the child the cheaper the prices, because we have ratios and the teacher to child ratio is smaller for younger (so more expensive). We do all kinds of stuff with our babies, painting, coloring, exploring masking tape (different colors). We also have a sensory table and each week it gets changed. We put oatmeal, water, toilet paper, ribbons, whatever. Of course all of this is closely monitored. The activities continue and increase in quanity as the children are older. Good luck.

• ummm that is really cheap...i watch a little boy 4 times a week and his mother brings his food and bottles...and i make $160 and that is not alot either...it comes to about $6 dollars an hour....these days people are getting $10 dollars an hour..i have like a mini daycare in my house do to the fact that i have a 1 and a 2 year old..and this little guy i am watching is 8months...i just figured i would take on another kid since this is what i am doing already and make a little extra cash...i would ask for alittle more money if i was you ..you deserve more especially if you are feeding the baby ..i know you are a good person but you dont want to be taken advantage of either.

• No that is very cheap. My childrens child care center charges me $400 a week for 4 children and I have a family discount. Meals and drinks but 2 snacks need to be packed! Make sure you are earning some money though!

• $100 a week is pretty cheap, but it really depends on if you are a licensed day care facility and what city/state you live in. I live in California and the average cost for child care for children under 1 is about $135-200 a week that includes meals and snacks etc. The older children of course cost less and these are prices for a licensed day care. Hope this helps

• I take my children(4yrs & 8wks) to a home daycare and pay 80/week for each, but that is really cheap. Most daycares around here are 120 for toddlers and more for infants. So $100 is pretty fair. If you are providing food though you might want to consider asking more. My daycare gets money from the State to pay for food which is part of why she's so cheap.

Have plenty of colors and craft stuff, toys and children's movies. If you want ideas, look for a school supply store in your area, they might have crafts books and stuff. Its where teachers go to get ideas.

• No way.....most daycare centers cost $150-200 a week. I pay my babysitter $40 a day, although my son is only 5 months old (and most daycare centers/babysitters charge more for infants). I think $100 is more than reasonable considering you also provide meals and snacks.

• it depends on where you live. you should call some daycares in your area and ask their prices per week per child for the age ranges. My sister in CA pays something like $160 a week. In KY the day care my kids go to is $85 a week for children under 2 and $75 a week for children over 2. But that's on the cheap end, others i encountered were $120 and $100.

• No, $100.00/week is not too pricey especially if you are providing the meals. If I were leaving my child with anyone I'd want to know that my children are safe - do you know CPR, do you know how to perform First Aid - do you know the signs and symptoms to look for if you suspect abuse, do you know who to call if you did find abuse.

Next I would like them to have fun while learning - games that teach sharing, numbers, shapes, manners.

Third I would want my caregiver to remember respect is earned and that it is a two-way street.