What do I get my international roommate for <span >Christmas</span>?

I have only had her as a roommate for a few months. She is in the ESL program at our university and is not fluent in English yet. I don't know anything about her-but she got me a nice gift from Taiwan and I really want to get her something nice that she'd enjoy. Any ideas??

Comments

• A gift certificate from McDonald's (as a joke) w/ a card that says "feast like an American!" haha I'd do that, but that's silly, isn't it?

A nice blanket from Old Navy (they have them for $7 & they're really cute!) A gift certificate to a restaurant nearby that you two can crash or order from (pizza hut?) a gift certificate to the movies? Or a bowl with popcorn (unpopped) movies, candy, fuzzy socks/pajamas and stuff like that that she can use for a movie night you could have?

A plant (venus fly trap, it's great as a substitute pet!)

• An English+whatever her language is Dictionary, Books to help her learn English

• Give her a day shopping together to get to know her. Buy her a music CD or at the end of the day, you will know what she likes by what she looks at the most in a store.

• a necklaces or bracellet. umm. teddy bear. Maybe something that reminds her of where she came from. Maybe rosetta that cd program to help with her english.