Could my best friend become my girlfriend? I have a chance to make a move..?

We're juniors in high school.. I sorta knew her since sophomore year but we didnt really talk much. Then I asked her to prom and got her #. We started talking but I lost my cool and awkwardly confessed that I like her. She said she only saw me as a friend and wasn't even thinking about dating anyone at the time. But we not only stayed friends but actually became best friends. Prom was a blast!

It's been 3 months since I told her I like her. Here are some things that give me hope that she might be coming around:

-She loves it when I compliment her. There isn't a conversation where I don't give at least one. Not just "you look nice today", I mean I've told this girl I think she's beautiful, absolutely gorgeous, so amazing and perfect to me. She responds with alot of "awww"s and "you're too sweet" and even asked me to change the subject once cause I was making her blush.

-She has started to return the affection. She's said I mean alot to her, that I make her so happy "like you have no idea", how I make her laugh all the time, and that I'm amazing too and awesome. This is huge to me cause she is shy when it comes to affection towards guys, I know for a fact I'm the only guy she feels this way about cause I'm her best guy friend.

-She has playfully hit me and we tease each other (always jokingly!) alot.

-She now initiates hugs when we say hello and goodbye. It was always me before.

-We've both said we could never be mad at each other.

-We have long conversations with lots of questions about each other, from family to who we'd wanna be stranded on a deserted island with.

-We have too many inside jokes to count!

-Her family and friends loves me.

-She wants to hang out with me.

My birthday is in a few days and I'm spending the whole day with her. We're going to the pool and then back to my house to watch movies. I am hoping to hold her hand or even cuddle during the movies.

Am I on to something, or are we just REALLY good friends? Does she know I still like her?

Comments

• Keep things slow and calm and don't over react to things. See if she will cuddle with you during the movies (your arm around her shoulder her head on your chest), lightly hold her hand, put your hand casually on her leg for a short period of time. When the movies are over, kiss her on the cheek and tell her how much you enjoyed the day being with her. Do not push things, let them slowly develop and it will be better for the both of you.

• never say never. Dont have self belief a number of those human beings they dont quite care in the event that they dont choose to grant you a 2nd risk. they are purely attempting to guard there own emotions. i understand I even have somebody i for my section love and look after if attempt at guy or woman tousled i might provide a gamble. Its at circumstances while a guy or woman retains making an identical blunders greater desirable than as quickly as then its ok for somebody to no longer provide a gamble

• Sounds good. Don't hold her hand. Definitely do the old yawn and arm stretch around her.

I think she will initiate the kiss after you stare into her eyes.