I don't know what to become when I'm older?

I have so many ideas of what I want to do when I am older.

I am doing my GCSE's at the moment and I do Spanish, maths, science, english, graphic design, gcse pe, geography and ict. I have always liked the idea of being an author, however this job is not always guaranteed and not many people read books anymore. I also thought about being an architect but it can take years. Please could i have some ideas about good paid, interesting jobs and what i would need to take at college. Thank you! :)

Comments

• Most people at GCSE have no idea what they want to do. What you need to think of are the things you enjoy most now and how that can relate to you. I love playing Games and drawing, so I am planning on going into Concept Design for films and games.

It looks to me like you want to do something creative, considering you want to be an Author or an Architect. You shouldn't let the amount of time it would take to get into the industry get to you. If you want to do something well, you'll need practise. And authors can make money, it just depends how good you are. Or if it has hot Vampires.

I don't think I can really offer any ideas to you. Deciding what you want to do is a difficult choice. My best advice would be to do A-Levels you really enjoy and give you a good range of subjects. You must have a CLUE of what you want to do. Even if it's just 'I would hate something in science or maths' or 'I want to do something creative'. Tailor your A-Level choices to that and soon you'll get a better idea :)

• Start with being yourself first :) then look through one of those 100 best jobs books.

• Be a psychologist as u study science also as a sub