utorrent downloading is painfully slow?

i need some help with my utorrent options and preferences. i would like to know the numbers to put in the preferences to get the max download speed. using the newest utorrent for mac.

speedtest.net puts my internet speed at over 30 mbps but downloading high seeded torrents just CRAWLS at 35-50 kbs.

any suggestions for speeding the downloads would help

Comments

• A previous poster mentioned that 30Mbps is not available. However, the Verizon FIOS network provides up to 50Mbps to residential customers. Business customers could arrange much more, if desired.

There are plenty of guides out there on how to configure utorrent to make the most of your connection, but with that I cannot help you. Try doing a few web searches.

What are you defining as "high speed torrents"? I am only aware of torrents. Look at your uTorrent log and see if you are connecting to the trackers. (The Pirate Bay, which was one of the main trackers, is not currently active) In most cases, speed is determined more by the bandwidth available from seeders, and the demand of those downloading from the seeders. 35-50Kpbs is not likely to be a uTorrent configuration issue, unless you have changed the default settings. As a test, you could try downloading multiple torrents from multiple groups, and see if it is a problem on your end.

• If you REALLY have 30mbps ethernet and it's download at 35-50kbps, I'd be pissed too... however, 30 mbps internet isn't available... at least nothing i've ever heard. Besides, 35-50kbps isnt bad, it's no 300+, but at least it isn't dial-up speed of 2.2kbps

Oh. there's no way to increase the speed, you're given a certain amount of bandwidth based off of whoever you're leeching from.