How do I build confidence?

I have a lot of confidence in myself when it comes to things I've already done before, like my academic and work accomplishments. Those are the areas of life I know I can succeed. I don't have any confidence in my ability to socialize or go out on dates because I have very little experience. There is no foundation to build on. I can talk to men when I'm with them in a work setting, but there is no possibility of rejection. When meeting new people, I feel very insecure about them finding out I have no dating history and very few friends.

Comments

• You said you have a lot of confidence in your work and academics right? You just need to transfer some of that confidence into the social environment. Think of it like this, anytime you want to talk to someone whether it's a cute guy or just a possible new friend tell yourself "If I can do *academic/work achievement* I can DEFINITELY talk to this person". And make sure you know how wonderful you really are haha, I don't mean be arrogant just self-aware. Tell yourself that people are lucky to be talked to by you.

• This is gonna sound dumb but i guarantee that it works. When u wake up in the morning look in the mirror and say ten good things about yourself, about your personality, about how kool you are or how pretty or how smart. Pretty soon your gonna start to feel that way because the fact that you are is always gonna be on your mind, and as far as experience goes, the only way to fix that is to well, get experience. Flirt with some people, walk up to a random person and start up a fun conversation. The whole dating game/scene is all about being comfortable in your own skin..its about being secure enough to express your whole self to another person. Remember to always tell yourself you can handle it.

Be cool.

Be calm.

Be collected.

The rest will handle itself..i promise...good luck and God bless

• I think you should start out by not thinking so much about your experience with dating or socializing in general.

Be yourself, and don't try to be someone your not because it will make you even that more uncomfortable when socializing or asking someone out on date.

If the people whom you are trying to ask out or socialize with do not like you, then big deal, it is their loss of making a good friend. Their are a lot of people who will like you.

As far as the actual asking someone out, try small talk with someone at work, then get comfortable talking with him, ask them how they are doing, and then go from their. Then eventually ask him out. If he rejects,so what, there are plenty of people out there who would love to go out with you . Don't sweat the small stuff...everything's the small stuff

hope that helped, and good luck

• Just try practicing a lot of casual talk with people,...Talk to the person standing in the queue before you, traveling in the bus with you sitting in the next seat....etc.. Just be casual, don't worry about the fact that you do not socialize and all that..Just be casual enough...Also, try hanging out with friends, have fun..you will definitely learn a lot.. good luck...

• What you can do is go out with your friends. or go to a bar, if your old enough, and watch other people and how they socialize with each other.

Just be yourself and if someone walks up to you and you don't feel comfortable walk away very politely..let them know your not interested.

If you don't put yourself out there your not going to find the right one.

Good luck

have fun.

• You need go out more often, I'm not trying to be rude I just mean that if you go out more often you can improve you're social skills. Lots of guys are attracted to iIntelligent, professional women.

Ask your friends if they want to go out to a bar, or any club, and just go out, have fun and forget about any insecurites you might be feeling. Just go out and have fun, you desearve it. Try to talk to people you wouldn't talk to normaly and show them you're interested in what they have to say. Try to talk and socialize with as many people as possible just so you can get your self to be more comfertable around people.

I think you have nothing to be embarassed about, you just need to "show your self" to others more. How can they get to know you if you never present your self to others?

I wish you the very best of luck :D

• well i'm not one to talk about confidence, i too myself is very insecure PERIOD. but i'm trying to get there. just relax, see what you have incommon with that person and what you don't try thinking positive, and say to yourself "GOD made me like this, and i will accept". cause honey if your not confident of yourself, others will bully and talk about you, show people your confidence walk with your head high not down. and than people will actually start comming too. so hon, just don't worry about your appereance or whatever, just think of how you are inside.

=)

• Dress conservatively sexy listen to compliments forget critics no one is perfect look at yourself walk around naked masturbate it will make you feel more comfortable oh take dance or public speaking classes... do something artsy