what does college look at from freshmen year?

ok so, from freshmen year does college look at only transcript grades? or every grade from every semeter?.

Comments

• depends on the system, usually they look at the grades and average each grade into your gpa. any screw ups will take a while to overcome (with regards to getting your gpa back up), but it's worth your time. you can also apply for academic renew for really crappy grades. you can take classes again for better grades too.

you can talk to a counselor about your particular situation.

| forgot |...makes a point with regard to graduate school. But you still may have to explain drastic changes in your schooling. if you can make this as a positive, addressing something you may have overcome...that is a good thing and may work in your favor.

• They may glance at your grades, but they won't really take them into consideration if your grades have significantly improved or deteriorated since then. That is freshmen year of either high school or university (when applying to post-graduate programs). Colleges take into consideration the last two years of both more than the first two years.

• depends. are you goign into your freshamn year. In that case they look at your last semesters grades to see if they will have you on probabation (if you do horrible) and a few can still deny you (though most don't).

If you;d going into your senior year, the reality is they look at SAT's and grades. you can find charts online. If you have say a 3.2/4.0 GPA they evepect you to have X to get in. ANd it varies by school. SOme Schools take almost everyone, others take only a selected few (and they don't just take the best, they take a few lower scores too).

Hope I helped

• Well they only look at the final end of year grade... so if you messed up or anything you will be fine as long as your final grade is good. However, some colleges are now only looking at junior and senior year.

• they look at your transcript which has ur semester grades from freshmen yr until the point where u send them (at least thats how my transcripts were)

• All the grades they would from any other year. The just don't take them as seriously as they do other years

• pretty much nothing. The year they really look at is your Junior year, and they also look at your cumulative GPA after all your years of high school. But really, freshman year doesn't matter as much as other years.

• mine looked at the transcript. i go to central washington university

• i think every grade but im not exactly sure.