how much could i sue for if my wife got hit by a car that ran a red light on a major road?

she got hit on the driver side and got rushed into the hospital and is in there for skipping heat beating, a cut on her spleen that might have to come out, she has a 103 temperature, and cant move with out sever pain. she cant move her neck at this time and will probably will be in the hospital for another week. and the car is totaled

what do you think we can sue for? please help,

Comments

• get a good lawyer

he/she will give you an idea of that amount.

• medical bills, car damages, personal stress, pain, and your wife possibly will have aniexty, you can sue for that too, you can sue for pretty much anything these days but only be within the law because if you sue for too much the judge could dismiss and only give you a certain amount, i suggest talking with your lawyer, he will have a better idea of the laws and if you can sue for certain things

• Nice story for your first troll. Why don't you get off the computer and see a lawyer. This country is full of "sue-happy" fools who would love to tell you a bunch of lies to get their hands on some money. Go find an ambulance chaser. NOW.

• Medical bills, car bills, basically every cost you incur due to the accident and then probably some on top. Your lawyer will suggest an amount and a judge will decide what damages you are owed.

• You CAN sue on behalf of yourself AND your wife.

If you win, you should get all of her current medical expenses, future medical expenses related to the accident, lost wages, loss of property, such as if car is totaled, and the stuff that was lost in the car, like CDs, cell phone, etc.

Those awards are called damages, the replacement of the things that you've lost because of the other driver. Say like she was wearing a Moreno wool sweater that had to be cut off of her. The sweater cost $200. That is payable.

Also, all out of pocket expenses can be replaced, like child care costs. You need to hire a sitter while you're with your wife. You need to hire a maid, a lawn service, etc., to take care of the things that you can no longer take care of because you're taking care of your wife. The cost of renting a car, having your groceries delivered, Advil. In short, as long as you have receipts for VIABLE expenses that are related to having to care for your wife now and in the future can all be replaced. Renting DVDs does not count, but anything that you have to do and pay for because your wife cannot do it, or because you can't do it because you're caring or your wife, you can ask for.

You can also charge back for gas and mileage for driving her to and from doc's offices when she gets out.

You can also charge for YOUR lost wages for the time that you have to spend with her at the hospital. ANYTHING you've lost, you can have replaced.

Non-economic damages is the extra that you get for the trouble of having to go through this stuff in the first place. Many states have caps on these non-economic damages. In CA, it might be $350k, in CO, it's $466,000. That doesn't mean that you'll get awarded $466k in non-economic damages, it just means that's the most you can get (and has nothing to do with damages; that is separate and apart.)

You need to hire an attorney. DON'T hire some guy off the TV. He's interested in a quick settlement to get you in and out. Get the phone book and get a Personal Injury attorney who is ALSO listed in Martindale Hubble. If he's not ranked very highly in Martindale Hubble, he's not worth talking to. You also want an atty who's willing to go to trial and not just settle. As someone who's hired a few attys, and who works with them daily, I can tell you, there's a difference between a trial lawyer and a settlement lawyer. Go with the trial atty.

Most of these attys will take your case on contingency, meaning that they won't get paid if they don't win. This means they will work HARD to win.

get in there and talk to your wife. write down EVERYTHING that happened before she starts to forget.

What day was it? What time was it? Was she stopped? What lane of traffic was she in? Was the light green or red? Was she at a stop sign? Was she the first car at the intersection, or were there cars in front of her? What speed was she going? Was she wearing a seatbelt? Did she see the other driver coming? What was the weather like outside? What did her body do at the moment of impact? Did she go sideways? Did she hit her head? On what did she hit her head? Did she hurt any other part of her body in the impact? Did she lose consciousness? For how long? Where was she going? Where was she coming from? What direction was she traveling? These are all questions that will be asked.

Now if she has a history of arthritis in her knee, the defense will find this out because they have a right to look at her medical records, so don't say, Oh, never had any trouble with the knee, because they will know that is not true.

Don't listen to people call you names because you want to hire an attorney. You're not doing anything wrong to protect your wife, even legally.

• Your question makes it look like all you care about is money.

What? Are you one of these people that thinks getting in a car accident is equivalent to winning the lottery???

You should sue for five hundred billion dollars. Will that make you happy?

The answer to your question is: the policy limits of the applicable insurance policies.

• first i hope you wife recovers UNBELIEVABLE you wife s not even out of the hospital and you are already wanting to know how much you can sue for people like you make me sick like i said i hope your wife fully recovers i bet you are thinking ill never have to work again i could go on and on youworthless pieceof sh@t

• Your a leach, Hope your wife gets a divorce then a million just so someone like you will not get there hands on it. I hope your wife is doing well as we all can see what you care about.