being a pitcher for baseball?

im not trying to put down any other positions in baseball,

but i heard today (some customer said at my job) that being a pitcher in baseball is one of the best positions to be in.

obviously every position in baseball is just as important for winning a game or completing a game in baseball, but is that true about the pitching position?

Is being pitcher a good status? So if it is, I'm assuming if your planning on majoring in sports (preferably baseball in college) you would want to become pitcher?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Well, in terms of controlling the flow of the game, the pitcher is the most important.

However, they usually only play every other 5 or 6th game, and usually are terrible at batting.

They are the heart of the defense, but are irrelevant in offense.

Every player plays the position they want to play.

I personally play shortstop or 3rd basemen.

I do not plan to be majoring in sports, but I'll love baseball anyway.

Quantum and Particle Physics, Medicine, Business and Economy...

That's the stuff I'll major in.

• first of all, you can't just decide now (assuming you are at least 13) that you want to play baseball in college. College ball, other than the major league is the highest level you can get to and you have to be raised on the sport to be able to play in college. second, pitching is one of the hardest things to do in baseball. Yes pitching is a good "status" to be in, but it is not a position you can just say "i think i'll be good at this today." What do you think it is, right field? (LOL). The point is, you can't start and decide you are going to be great at it. It takes a ton of training and is very straining on your arm.

• All time or present day? All time it really is Bob Gibson, that guy might want to spend 3 hours previously the game merely getting mad at the different team and does not talk over with each person not even his teammates at the same time as he grow to be pitching. present day Roy Halladay fingers down. BQ2: All time Shoeless Jo Jackson, he might want to stare at a candle in a depressing room for an hour previously the game to sharpen his eyesight. present day likely Pujols.