What is the lifespan of a Calico Fantail fish??

Mine is 2 years old.

Comments

• Easily in excess of 20 years. Far longer if well cared for.

MM

• hi Cheryl, you sound like a being concerned man or woman so i will go away you with both hyperlinks decrease than-the first tells you why conserving fish in bowls is the biggest fantasy in puppy conserving & the 2d tells you all about solid Goldfish care, follow the suggestion on that & you gained't bypass a thoughts incorrect. If the suggestion on that web site isn't an selection then please evaluate returning him to the keep even as he continues to be healthful & wait until eventually you've extra comprehend-how & kit to extra efficient look after Goldfish. In a nutshell you as we communicate favor a minimum of a 10 gallon tank with a equipped lid, a clear out rated for over 15 gallons & a draw close attempt kit. you'll favor to do regular partial water adjustments of a minimum of 30% weekly & computer screen your water high quality continually. Your fish will quickly suffocate on his personal accrued waste in a tiny bowl. conserving Goldfish perfect is really confusing yet totally a probability with a touch analyze-please be at liberty to e mail me about any of this.

• Calico is just the name of a color pattern that occurs in many breeds of domesticated goldfish (Carassius auratus auratus).

Calico goldfish are usually as long living a naturally occuring goldfish, which is between 8-10 years in an average aquarium, and upto 20 years if given optimum space.

• They have a lifespan of 7 to 14 years and can thrive in temperatures close to freezing.

• With a moderate care in cramped(small) tanks they will live upto 5 years, a considerable space to live with good care can take them over 10 yrs. They grow over 12", so if you have a very large tank they will reach nearly 20 yrs. In Guinness world record, it is reported that a specimen lived over 30 yrs! in captivity.

• 7-8 years in aquarium.

In the pond, about 9-10 years