driver's ed. how do u get a permit?

hi, im 15yrs 10months and 6 days old. i wanna go apply for my permit but ive got a few questions. so, ima get a study guide from the DMV and after studying, i'm to take a 50 question test. now the question is, when i pass the test, do i get my permit? or do i get something else? my friend went to driver's ed at school in the summer and when he passed a test he said he got something called a pink slip, and after 6 months of waiting, he can THEN try out for a permit. i dont get it, somone please explain the process to me!!

Update:

I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA(:

hi, im 15yrs 10months and 6 days old. i wanna go apply for my permit but ive got a few questions. so, ima get a study guide from the DMV and after studying, i'm to take a 50 question test. now the question is, when i pass the test, do i get my permit? or do i get something else? my friend went to driver's ed at school in the summer and when he passed a test he said he got something called a pink slip, and after 6 months of waiting, he can THEN try out for a permit. i dont get it, somone please explain the process to me!!

Comments

• In California, you get your permit as soon as you pass the written test, which is 38 questions not 50. Then you practice driving for 6 months, and then get your license.

• I know it differs from state to state. When I took the test and passed it, I received a pink slip which was my permit. You are right, you take the test in order to receive your permit. I think your friend may have been confused.

• DMV laws vary by state. So it really depends on what state you're in. I know here, (Oregon) there is no pink slip.. you just read the driver's manual, take the test, and get the card. The test here was really simple. I barely even read the manual.

• well i dont know what state ur from but im from texas, and here u either have to take da skool or get this packet dat is basically home skool, like whoever is da one dat is teachin u fills out da packet. i took the skool, i think if i can remember its like 2 or 3 weeks u go to class they take u drivin, its certain amount of hours u have to take in class and certain amount of hours u take actual drivin lessons. after u have completed the skool u go to da dmv and just take da question test and if u pass u get ur permit, after 6 months u get ur license

u should just try goin to da drivers ed in skool and ask them for more information, they will help u more

• Very simple. “As soon as you pass your written test, you will be issued a permit.” And the written test is 46 questions, not 38. Check out the tutorials online.

*/End of Line.

• I think you have to have your permit to take drivers ed.

• you didn't say what state you are in and the laws vary from one state to another.

They can answer your questions at the DMV. ASK them.

• It depends on your state. What state do you live in? Google that states dmv!

• No.. They give it to u either during range or after.. It really depends on the place u go..