How to make a formagio pizza?

All I know is that it used to be on the Bertucci's menu and they still make it and that it has four cheeses and no sauce.. its also known as the white pizza.. can anyone help?

Update:

None of you really answered my question.. as for in Italy that is only in parts.. the place that I come from.. does not.. We don't really eat it there.. you really should include parts of Itay that use it instead of saying Italy as a whole.

Comments

• Quattro Formaggio Pizza

by the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine

Quattro Formaggio Pizza

Prep and Cook Time: 26 minutes

Yield: Makes 4 servings

Ingredients:

1 (12-inch) Italian bread shell

1/2 cup prepared pizza or marinara sauce

4 ounces shaved or thinly sliced provolone cheese

1 cup (4 ounces) shredded smoked or regular mozzarella cheese

2 ounces Asiago or brick cheese, thinly sliced

1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese

Preparation:

1.Preheat oven to 450°F. Place bread shell on baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce evenly over bread shell.

2.Top sauce with provolone, mozzarella, Asiago and Parmesan cheeses. Bake 14 minutes or until bread shell is golden brown and cheese is melted. Cut into wedges; serve immediately.

• In I taly they will use a bechemel sauce or white sauce, with a combo of 2 mozzerellas, asiago, provolone and sometimes a dried ricotta or parmesan but grated not powdered.

Also they will use sauted onions that have been browned and flavoured with garlic, and while some use fresh basil, in Rome it is either fresh rosemary or oregano, in North America it can be the same but not with the onions and fresh herbs.

But I have the Roman one and it is available with anchovies to as an option, uually the white oil cured type.

• We use this one it's delish.

White Pizza

2 cup whole milk

2 T cornstarch

1.5 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

3 cloves of garlic, minced

1 tsp garlic salt

1 tsp onion powder

1 tsp oregano

1/2 tsp basil

2 T Parmesan cheese, finely grated

The ingredients were mixed in a medium sauce pan and brought to a boil. Once they had boiled for 2 minutes, I allowed them to simmer on medium heat until the sauce began to thicken.

I coated the crust with a light coat of olive oil then spread the white sauce onto it, thickly. Next, I topped it with thinly sliced tomatoes, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, several clumps of fresh ricotta cheese and a sprinkle of oregano. Bake for 9 minutes at 450 degrees.

If you’re looking for even more garlic, consider lightly brushing the crust rim with olive oil and sprinkling on some garlic salt.