I need help!?

So I'm so undecisive of which island i want to visit next..my husband and I have been to Maui twice but I really think we should visit another island and see something different. I was leaning towards Kauia but I heard or read that it rains a lot there. How about the Big Island? I want info from someone who has visited some or all islands and knows a lot. We are more into snorkeling in calm waters, relaxing and sunbathing, just laid back..i really want to see some crystal clear beaches, it's just so hard to make up my mind. By the way, we are visiting in November, sometime during Thanksgiving week and I'm so ready to book..lol, any info will be appreciated, thanks in advance!

Comments

• By all means visit Oahu when you can (since you've seen Maui already). The historical significance more than makes up for the 'big city lights'. If it's country comfort you're looking for stay at the Turtle Bay Hilton on the north shore to avoid the crowds. Iolani Palace, Pearl Harbor, Punchbowl Cemetery, Waimea Bay, Bishop Museum, Academy of Fine Arts, Polynesian Cultural Center, Mormon Temple, Pali Lookout, Sea-Life Park, Waikiki, Punahou School (Obamas alma mater), etc. are all MUST sees to round out your Hawaiian experience.

• My husband and I have been to Oahu, Big Island (2x), and Kauai. Thoughts on all...

1. Oahu: Didn't like it very much. It was too urbanized for my tastes. When I picture Hawaii in my mind, it never looks like Oahu looks!

2. Big Island: My favorite! Because people are spread out over more land, it never feels crowded. It's got tons of different ecosystems, from the dry, windy Kona side of the island, to the wet, tropical Hilo side, to the mountains in the center, the pasture land in the northwest. And of course, it's the only island in Hawaii with active volcanos. If you are an active vacationer, it has tons of snorkeling, hiking, bike trails, etc. However, if you are a beach lounger, you might not like the Big Island as much, because since it's the newest of the islands, the beaches are still lava rock or they have pretty coarse sand (although there are some cool black sand and green sand beaches).

3. Kauai: My husband's favorite island. It is tiny, but it is beautiful. The biggest city, Lihue, doesn't feel like a city at all. Very cool, laid back vibe. My husband liked it because all of the beaches are very accessible. Seems like you can drive right up to them and plop down. Also, Kauai has the only navigable river in the state, so if you wanted to do river kayaking or river boat trips, this would be the place to go.

Next year, we will probably try Maui.

--->Good luck and enjoy your trip!

• I was born and raised in hawaii. I've been to all of the islands, and IMO I have to say O'ahu is the best for night life. If you want to see the "real hawaii" where it's tropical and lush, and just absolutely gorgeous w/o all the tourist then i'd suggest the Big Island. So go with the big island! Ya won't regret it!

p.s

on the bigisland, Kona is more laid back and Hilo is alot "busier" but more things to do in Hilo =)

• Kauai is a great place to go for a relaxed vacation. They have a lot of vacation rental homes and hotels. There is also a lot of great places to snorkel, fish, kayak and more. The Big Island has a lot less to do compared to Kauai.

• Yes, I do suggest Kaua'i. Maui is to congested any more.

• Checkout this website http://www.123world.com/honolulu/ to find out which island.