my dog keeps trying to hump my 2.5 year old son??? help!!?

Sorry if this is posted more than once, I didn't mean to my computer is acting up!!!!

We have a 4 year old boxer/great dane mix and he is a great dog. Yes, he is neutered, NO he has never done anything like this before. The last two or three days our dog keeps trying to hump our two year old son. Our dog will chase our son around and then he will start licking him and then he starts trying to hump him? What in the HECK is going on? We cannot have this continue and it is driving me nuts I don't know how to make it stop and I really have no idea why it is happening! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!

Comments

• Since your dog is fixed this is a dominance issue. Obviously always supervisor when your child and dog are together and watch him you can see signs that he is getting ready that is when you need to correct him. Tell him No very firmly.

Even though your son is only a young toddler it is best that you’re dog start to view him as a pack leader. When you go on walks if your son is in a stroller make sure your dogs stays behind the stroller or the side. You could also have your son start to help out with some training sessions, have him tell the dog simple things like Sit, down/floor whatever he can do. Have him help to feed the dog at meals times he can help put the dogs food in the bowl and you would want to let the dog have some view of this.

• He is just trying to be dominate over your son. Sounds like he is playing with him when he chases him around. You just need to make sure your dog knows that he is not dominate you are, and never leave your dog and baby together with out supervision. Next time your dog trys to hump the 2.5 year old, pick up your child, tell the dog no in a firm voice. You will have to continue training your dog until he realizes that he can not do this. It will not happen over nightso keep an sharp eye on things. GOOD LUCK!!!

• when dogs do that it's a sign of dominance, keep stopping the dog from doing this and correct him.

• It is a sign of Dominance.