How do I get into stock trading?

I know very little about this and it sounds like a good business, could y'all help me out with this.

Comments

• Stock trading is NOT a good business; it is an investment.

Learn more before investing any serious money. Start your education with "Investing for Dummies" or any of the dozens of self-help books at your public library. Picking a good stock is not easy. Smart investors start with index-based mutual funds until they get a better feel for how the market works. Fidelity Investments, Vanguard, TD Waterhouse, and Charles Schwab are all excellent places to begin.

• Are you looking to invest in stocks for yourself or becoming a stock broker and helping other people invest their money into stocks?

Try reading some books by The Motley Fool brothers or Jim Cramer. They will teach you what to look for when researching stocks. Try watching some business shows like Mad Money or Fast Money on CNBC or the Nightly Business Report on PBS.

You can open a brokerage account with a discount broker - take a look at the fees they charge and see what is a good fit for you. Below is a link to a recent survey of brokers by Smartmoney magazine.

• First you must open a brokerage account that will allow you to buy and sell shares in a company. Before buying anything make sure you do your research. If you are unsure, you might also want to subscribe to paid research services that will guide you in the right direction.