How many CHL players have gone to the NHL? and..?

What is the main goal of hockey players to play in the CHL? To make money and/or hopefully get to the NHL?

Interesting?

Comments

• What? Are you THAT stupid?

• How many CHL players have gone to the NHL? What a statistic that would be to conjure up! Do you know how many WHL, OHL, and QMJHL players have made a career in the minors to only play one NHL game? Hundreds, thousands never playing any NHL games. So its a hard task to make it out of the CHL into the NHL. It does happen, but its a very difficult process especially for the under rated ones who have to work even harder and it could all be lost with one injury. And if you through drugs, alcohol and woman into the mix its a write off. A lot of them choose the university or college route now because of the risk. And at the same time it has also created a lot of great hockey programs across the states because of it. So now you see GM's like Brian Burke who have a lot of scouting interest dedicated to that area where a lot of teams don't even bother.

• that's the competition. The gamers you point out have been lots of the main suitable gamers interior the CHL yet whilst they get to the NHL they are dealing with plenty stiffer opposition from defenses and goalies. The CHL is certainly a stable league, even however that is nevertheless extremely a bounce whilst a participant is going to the NHL.

• Well if you mean Canadian Hockey League then this isn't worth answering. But if you mean Central Hockey League then the answer is very few make it to the NHL. I don't think they are in it to make money as they don't get paid allot. But it is a way of making some money while doing something that you love doing. I believe the average salary is some where around 15-18 grand. So not a whole lot. You would need another job in the off season

• I would think that if you have dedicated your life to a pro career you wouldn't want to flip burgers in the offseason. So yes, making a good salary and/or getting to the NHL seems to be their goal.