Psychiatrist, Social worker or Pharmasist? whats the BETTER career?

what do u feel of the three careers would be the best? i wanna no

Comments

• Psychiatrist money isn't too bad either....

Social worker too much work with little pay...

Pharmacist has it edge doling out what the Psychiatrist prescribes

what are you going for mental rewards or cash ..I go with Greed it's a good thing everything else comes easy with it

• Being a social worker is a fantastic career. I have my bachelor's of social work and am currently enrolled in the master's program. I was lucky enough to have the personality to automatically enter the field as a supervisor within a division of the Department of Mental Health. With all of your volunteer experience, I don't think you would find any problem finding a position within the community, and possibly with one of the agencies that you have volunteered for. The money, for a single person works, but if you were a single-income trying to support a family, it wouldn't be sufficient. It's all about where you are in life. Do you need the money to have multiple luxuries, or do you need enough money to do well, but not be at all rich? Depending on the geographical area that you are in, you are looking at anywhere from $25-40k. If you don't think that $25,000 would be enough to pay off your student loans then I would re-evaluate because it is important to know that you can survive on the salary that you will have. Social work is a very rewarding career, just not in a lucrative sense. The need for social workers continues to grow, which means that there will be a position out there for you after graduation, which is never a bad thing. Good luck, and I hope the combination of everyone's responses helps you decide whether it is the path for you or not. p.s. The good news, if you go for your master's and then licensure you are looking at a much more substantial income as well as management and/or private practice potentials.

• Pharmacists make decent money with a little bit less education than a psychiatrist. You have to have a masters, etc to be a psychiatrist. Social workers don't get paid ANYTHING most places. I was one for 2 years. It's a great start right out of college, and the experience is worth it, but you don't get a lot of money at all. Pharmacy would be the way I would go.

• It would be difficult to compare three careers that are so different from one another. If I had to choose, I would prefer to be a Pharmacist. As far as money goes, social workers get paid the least, but have the least difficult curriculum in college too. Both psychiatrists and pharmacists make good money, but the degrees are a challenge as well, plus there are license issues to deal with.

• Pharmasist

• Pharmacist. At the end of the day you get to leave your job behind and go home. A Psychiatrist and Social worker have to hear so many horrible and heart breaking stories that will stay with them even after they go home.

• Psychiatrist is the best paid job but the longest studies. Social work is for idealists who want to change the world. It must be quite dull to be a pharmacist. To do all these studies to end up counting pills.

• Depends on what you pursue in a career. If u want to help people without much income, but it makes you happy, be a social worker.

• I would prefer to be a Psychiatrist, cuz it seems to have a bright future as we all go crazy :) Also it's possible to earn more money in this career.

• Pharmacists are getting paid big money now. and i always thought their job was easy. learn the medicine. dispense the pills. file the insurance claim. what else.