DO YOU THINK MODELS ARE FAKE?

Okay, im asking because before i got pregnant i modeled and i have naturally plump lips (yuck) and im really pale and my hair is a light strawberry blonde. People always ask me is like, my hair is dyed, i have extensions, i have a button nose and people have asked me if i got a nose job, and everybody says i got lip injections (ewww) because they're really big. Now im pregnant and none of my friends know and people are asking me if i got breast implants! i asked a guy why and he said its because i model! i think that's ridiculous, i haven't had any sort of surgery or any cosmetic procedure and i find it offensive when people assume i did. and im really thin (for now) and people ask me if i had any sort of liposuction or something retarded. i don't even think im old enough for any of those things and people keep bothering me about it! so why do people think this? do you?

Update:

im not insecure at all, im just curious as to others opinions.

Update 3:

yeah, im pregnant and im not ashamed of that. got a problem? its my body... that doesnt pertain to the question at hand.

Comments

• Hey! Naturally plump lips are sexy, you know. =P

Anyway, people are stereotyping because they don't know any better.

Also, some people are jealous so they'll say crap like that to try and offend you because they wished they looked like you and are mad they don't.

Hmm, do you live in So Cal? It sounds like the people around you may be in like L.A. or something... Plastic surgery's big now a days I suppose, bleh.

• I want to model too : ) No I think about most people just say they are fake because they are jealous. I agree a lot of models have a lot of things redone etc. But not everyone. And Even if they did I do not think that they should be considered "fake" per say, unless they have there entire body redone some how.

Usually it is just an excuse because people would do anything to look like a model. (not that that is a good thing that people are unhappy with themselves but that is life these days ). People think if a person looks that good it has to be some kind of fake something or other. I think getting those kinds of things done changing the way you look is stupid, and I give you major props for being naturally beautiful : )

• There are plenty of models who have had plastic surgery whether they admit to it or no. And it's often the agencies who pay for it. It's not at all unusual these days for models to have nose jobs, lipo, lip injections or anything else. Of course, not all models have this - but it isn't surprising to hear a model has had work done

• That is offensive. Some people just naturally have that look. I don't think all models are fake. I think the Victoria's Secret models are the most inspiring models out there right now. They aren't grossly skinny, they are toned and have definition. And they look real to me, not freaky like Marc Jacobs models or something.

• NO. People only say that to models cause they are jealous that they cant have your plump lips or thinness or nose or now big breasts. Just ignore them. They are not worth your time.

• I'm a model, I've been modeling in Los Angeles for 3 years now and no, we are not fake. We're human just like everyone else.

• Models are models, most models are not fake, but some can be. It's part of stereotypes that people place on each other. Ignore it.

• Computers help with their image A LOT, but it depends on the person. Most are determined in their work but a real bit** when it comes to their friends.

• As long as a model doesn't hurt themselves to look good, then I applaud them. Doing what they do seems, to me, like it is very difficult. To hold a pose in a certain way, as well as your facial expression, to give off a certain look is talent. Anyone who says otherwise is shallow themselves.

• Models are fake because they do not represent the cross section of real people.