Flyweight showdown! Pascual Perez vs Pancho Villa. Who wins?

15 rounds at their best!

Comments

• Excellent and very hard question. I agree and disagree with the already good answers here. Pancho's claim to fame is his win over Jimmy Wilde. For me it holds some merit, but not a huge one. Jimmy was far, far removed from his prime, battle worn (300-500 estimated total fights with/including booth) The well known term 'Shell' of his former self. And all accounts very true. No historian past or present would give Pancho a win over a young AND PRIME Jimmy. Prime vs. prime Jimmy was far, and I mean Far the harder hitter. Was faster and smarter and a far better feint er and better overall boxer. However I'm not trying to take anything away from Pancho, who was a very good fighter and well deserves his place in history as well.

Pancho was explosive and in your face fighter,(Explaining many of his wins) also known for being a very power-full hitter. Yet i question this, out of 79 fights had only 25 Ko's. Now on the other hand Perez out of 84 wins had 57 Ko's (To me i see Perez as the far stronger and harder hitter) And take into account Perez had a 51 bout winning streak and then another 28 bout winning streak Perez did not do this on his ko power alone, but tells me he also had some VERY good boxing skills to go hand in hand with it as well. The hard part for me is both these guys beat fighters that are not well known (Not saying they were not great contenders though)

So head to head I could see Pancho winning the fight because of his relentless attack, but I could just as easily see Perez winning as well because by accounts and records he was the stronger and harder hitter (He did beat and bring down to size bigger guy's)

Also Jimmy McClarnin whupped Pancho. The reason I mention this is because Jimmy was a boxer. In fact Jimmy was a wizard of boxing, not known as a extremely power-full hitter, he was a hard hitter nonetheless. Now Perez Was not a wizard boxer along the lines of Jimmy, but however was a very good boxer nonetheless ,plus a VERY hard hitter. So with this said I give Perez more than a fair chance to beat Pancho.

1'st bout- Perez underestimates Pancho's relentlessness and aggressiveness and losses the desc.

2'nd. bout Perez turns it on and uses his better power and strength meeting him head to head to nullify Pancho.

3'rd bout - Perez does the same as in the second, combined with his boxing skills to win a very hard fought and close desc.

• Oh guy this may be a solid combat. I dont want to be bias with the aid of fact Pancho Villa is the 1st boxing hero of Filipinos that attain international interest. Pascual Perez is a freaking monster nevertheless. He has the organic ability benefit over Villa. he's likewise maximum in all probability a superior puncher pound for pound yet Pancho Villa is unquestionably the 1st actual slick Asian boxer ever in background. Pancho Villa can win this by using selection if he would not get caught by using Perez. This combat is 15 rounds so i could proably lean greater for Perez.

• Pascual Perez' lack of height and reach will cause him some problems against a slightly longer and quicker Pancho Villa. Perez had stronger punches in my opinion, but Villa has better volume of punches that causes more damage. Villa had very powerful combos and great offensive footwork. Villa wins by TKO Round 10.

• Got to agree with the majority, Villa takes this one, he was simply a better fighter.

• villa is more experienced, and beat a few all time greats.