What do you make of this dream?

Last night I dreamed that a man was standing in the middle of an intersection pointing a gun and waving it around. He was laughing and not particularly aiming at anyone, but just threatening people. I was walking on the side walk when I saw the commotion. The man was obviously mentally ill. While I was watching the drama I saw another person stick a gun out of the window of his car. He was aiming it at the mad man. The man did not see the gun and turned his back, and when he did the guy in the car shot his gun at him. He missed and the mad man turned around and started walking furiously at the car that shot at him. I started to panic and walked away ducking behind cars as I was trying to escape. As I was hiding behind a car I heard gun shots and brutal screams. Horrifying cries. It sounded like a small child screaming in fear of watching her parents being murdered. My mind was blank as I listened to the intense pain and then I woke up.

Comments

• Man

To see a man in your dream denotes the aspect of yourself that is assertive, rational, aggressive, and/or competitive. Perhaps you need to incorporate these aspects into your own character. If the man is known to you, then the dream may reflect you feelings and concerns you have about him.

gun. To dream that someone is shooting you with a gun suggests that you are experiencing some confrontation in your waking life. You feel victimized in some situation.

To see a parked car in your dream suggests that you need to turn your efforts and energies elsewhere. You may be needlessly spending your energy in a fruitless endeavor. Alternatively, a parked car may symbolize your need to stop and enjoy life. To dream that you cannot find where you parked your car suggests that you do not know where you want to go in life. To dream that no one is driving a moving car suggests that you need to reassess your level of control over your life. You are unwilling to take responsibilities for your actions.

To dream that you are almost hit by a car suggests that your lifestyle, beliefs or goals may be in conflict with another's. It may also be symbolic of a jolting experience or injured pride. To dream that you are unable to roll up the windows of your car suggests that you are showing some hesitation and reservation about the direction that you are taking in life or the path that you have chosen.

• I'd make of it that you ate junk food too close to bedtime.