2 rival crockpot receipies 40yrs old. ckn w/pineapple & seafood norfolk needed.?

lost in moving and have been searching old Rival cookbooks to no avail.

Two of best meals I ever put on table. Family members keep asking if I have located them. Seafood norfolk creamy w/shredded crab, shrimp and lobster.....to die for!!! Chicken is moist delicious

Comments

• http://www.crock-pot.com/Recipes.aspx

Check out this site to see if your recipes are still listed. if not, there is a spot to contact Rival and you could ask if they still have those recipes around. I bet they would love to know that you still use the recipes they developed all those years ago.

• Try to get the book here:

http://www.oldcookbooks.com/product/BCBE...

OR

Chicken w/Pineapple

Rival Crock-Pot Slow Cooker Dining Lite

3 Chicken breasts *

Pepper

Paprika

20 oz Pineapple **

2 tb Mustard; Dijon-style

Soy sauce

1 Garlic clove; minced

Preparation* Chicken breasts should be split, skinned and boned. ** Pineapple should be drained, unsweetened tidbits. Arrange chicken in crockpot. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika. Mix soy sauce, pineapple and mustard together; pour over chicken. Add minced garlic. Cover and cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours. Makes 6 servings

Regarding Seafood Norfolk, I would not cook it in a crock pot or slow cooker. Seafood would get too dry.

Here is one recipe the way I make it:

1 lb. fresh jumbo lump crab meat, lobster meat, shrimp, or scallops

1/2 c. (1 stick) butter

1 tbsp. tarragon vinegar

Prepare the seafood. If you're using crab or lobster meat, pick it over to make sure there are no little bits of shell. If you're using shrimp, peel and de-vein. If you're using sea scallops you may wish to cut them in halves or quarters, but bay scallops are smaller so may be used whole.

Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the seafood and stir it gently, cooking until it begins to brown (if using crab or lobster) or become translucent (for shrimp and scallops).

Remove from the heat and stir in the tarragon vinegar. Serve in individual serving dishes, ramekins, or little portion-sized skillets.

Or a variation:

3 lbs. cooked seafood

1/4 c. spring onions, diced

1/4 c. shallots, sliced sm.

1/4 c. ham, cooked and diced

2 cloves garlic, minced

2 tbsp. green pepper, diced

1/2 lb. unsalted butter

Saute all ingredients in the unsalted butter for five minutes.

Add: 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. pepper 2 tbsp. lemon juice 1/2 c. chopped parsley 2 tbsp. dry sherry

Toast three slices of thin sliced bread. Trim crusts and place one toast triangle in the bottom of each Norfolk dish or individual casserole. Place seafood in casserole on top of toast. Spoon other ingredients over seafood and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes