Where can I find peanut-free compost?

I am putting together a vegetable garden for next summer, and I just read that many composts and mulches can have peanut shells in them. My daughter is allergic to peanuts. Aside from making my own compost, can you recommend any peanut-free brands (websites would be helpful, too)? I want to test out the whole gardening thing before I commit to composting myself.

Comments

• Try calling your local recycling depot, ask if they have peanut shells in their compost.

Most cities sell at a reasonable price

• Never heard that-- you can make mulch out of grass clippings, leaves, other organic stuff-- and as long as you don't buy peanut hulls or peanut hay you should not have an issue. I live where lots of peanuts are grown, but never saw any made into mulch. You can also just buy some straw bales and use them for compost, especially the day after halloween the grocery stores and Walmart that stock some bales will have them cheap!

• why not start by making your own ,,they have small composting bins or barrels and everything goes in them and they seal up tight and you know whats in them