Why was my relay control module buzzing?

I drive a 1993 ford taurus 3.8L V6 automatic GL. I was taking my girlfriend to work this morning when my check engine light came on and my car shut off while driving down the highway. I tried to restart it after I pulled it over along side the road. It would not start after several tries. Since the check engine light came on while I was driving it I lifted my car hood and plugged in my ford code reader. After hooking it up I went to turn on the ignition so I could get a code reading. After turning the ignition on I heard a buzzing sound that was coming from my" relay control module" which is mounted at the front of my car. I could not get a reading from the code reader. I shut the engine off and tapped on the "relay control module" a couple of times. After turning the ignition switch off and on a couple of times the engine started up. I preceded down the road and it is running fine for now. I hooked the code reading up again and everything checked out ok. What do you think happened? Is my "relay control module" going bad or something else?

Comments