i want to learn more about cars can someone break it down for me?

i want to know everything about cars but i gotta know the basics first

what does horsepower mean

what are cylinders

which are better and look cooler in your opinion: asian or european cars

whats the best kinda car out there

just anything rly thx

Update:

oh and are sports cars about reliability or performance or both

Comments

• Okay. horsepower is used to measure engine power specifics. For instance, a GM 2.8 liter can have around 220 h.p.(horsepower for short) That 2.8 liter refers to how much cylinder area is in the motor,measured as units of displacement for total number of cylinders . A 2.8 is a 6-cylinder engine, meaning 6 chambers that contain the firing in the motor, where the fuel-air mix is ignited by the spark plugs, timed to fire when the ensuing explosion pushes the piston back down the cylinder as a reaction, which pushes the connecting rod down to the camshaft, which is shaped elliptically to encourage a turning motion when each rod's end pushes against the ellipse. in this way, the crankshaft provides spinning power to the housing containing the flywheel, which initially is turned by the starter motor when turning on the ignition, and the transmission, which gears the power for smooth efficient ride and control. All that power needs to stop as well as go, so the wheels have brakes- the most important part.

• horsepower is how much power the engine has. cylinders is where the pistons goes up and down in. sport cars cost more for insurance.