Can someone tell me how to incorporate 16oz ricotta into a box of cake mix?

I want to add my leftover ricotta into a box of cake mix I have, but I can't just throw in the ricotta with the cake batter and make it to the box instructions. Any ideas?

Update:

Sorry Emma. That's not what I was asking and you didn't give an answer relative to the question. Anyone else?

Comments

• You can try just throwing in the ricotta, mixing it with the dry mix, and baking. You'll have to watch the time carefully. It works with pumpkin, beans, other fruit and vegetable purees...

• Ricotta Cake With Cake Mix

• Mix your cake mix as directed on the box and take your 15 or 16 oz ricotta and mix it with another egg very well. Then add the ricotta to the cake mix mixing it well into the batter and put in a 13x9 pan or a bundt pan greased and floured. Bake at 325 oven about 50 to 60 min. Watch it so it does not burn. Put some lemon and orange zest into the batter if you like. I use either a yellow mix or lemon mix. Good Luck.

• I suggest you find another way to use up the ricotta. Boxed cake mixes are precise recipes that are meant to be prepared according to directions for best results.

Ricotta Cheesecake

2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened

1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese

1 1/2 cups white sugar

4 eggs

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 tablespoons cornstarch

3 tablespoons flour

1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled

1 pint sour cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a springform pan.

Mix the cream cheese and ricotta cheese together in a mixing bowl until well combined. Stir in the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, vanilla, cornstarch, flour, and butter. Add the sour cream last and stir. Pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan.

Bake in the preheated oven 1 hour; turn oven off and leave in oven 1 hour more. Allow to cool completely in refrigerator before serving.

Added

Sorry you think my suggestion is not relative to your question. Tell ya what, take the the ricotta and mix it in to the cake mix, bake it and enjoy.

Added II

A very simple search garnered these recipes.

BOX CAKE WITH RICOTTA CHEESE

Mix yellow box cake (Duncan Hines) as directed on box and put in greased and floured 9 x 13 inch pan.

In bowl mix:

1 16oz container ricotta

3/4 c. sugar

4 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla

Spoon mixture evenly on top of cake. Bake in 350 degree oven 45-50 minutes. Be sure center of cake is done.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,176,145176-228207,...

RICOTTA BOX CAKE

1 Duncan Hines Cake Mix (pudding in mix)

1 1/2 lb. Ricotta cheese

3 eggs

1/2 c. milk

3/4 c. sugar

2 tsp. vanilla

1 can cherry, blueberry or peach pie filling

Grease and flour 9 x 13 inch pan. Mix cake as directed and pour into bottom of pan. Mix cheese, eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla. Spoon and spread over cake.

Bake at 325 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Test with toothpick for doneness. Cool and top with pie filling. Refrigerate.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,196,146169-243205,...

RICOTTA CHEESE CAKE

1 box yellow or lemon cake mix

2 lb. ricotta cheese

3/4 c. sugar

4 eggs

1/2 tsp. vanilla extract

1 can cherry pie filling or powdered sugar

Mix cake mix according to directions. Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan. Beat until firm, not stiff or dry. Mix ricotta cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract. Spread cake mix into pan. Spread cheese mix all over the top of cake batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Cake will rise to top; cheese mix to lower part of cake.

Topping Variations: Cook slowly 1 can cherry pie filling with 1 teaspoon cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract and 1/2 teaspoon butter. Cool. Top cake. Or shake powdered sugar on cake instead of pie filling.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,196,147170-241204,0...

Added III

You're Welcome