Why is a girl ridiculed for wearing pink?

At-least where i live in my school there is a bunch of Nazi Feminists

and im a bit of a tomboy im a girl

i play basketball and wrestling as a constant sport

(enjoy a good game of football with the family)

i don't hang with the girls

im one of the guys

i don't gossip

only on occasion will i put on makeup (i admit i do wear it...but really not that often...)

so guess what my attitude isn't the most "Feminine"

but guess what my favorite color is pink!

and i dress EXTREMELY girly! (well...i don't wear heels or skirts or anything...i hate those things)

but i wear pink ALOT...i wear hair Accessories and i dress like a girly girly...because that's my style

but im put down for that in my school by even female teachers..saying i should be myself and not dress so pink and stop following a stereotype..and that i can wear boy clothes if i want, and that i shouldn't wear a color to define yourself..just cause im a girl i don't have to wear pink..it

well guess what..im not following a stereotype...i LIKE...no i LOVE wearing pink!

I also like blue i also like green....but i LOVE pink...and i don't understand why im ridiculed for that

that's what i like "wearing" just cause i wear pink...yeah it doesn't define who i am...

but why cant i wear it if that's the case..its just what i like "wearing" i don't understand this

girls are NEVER ridiculed for wearing Blue!.

Comments

• I've experienced things like this in the small town I'm from, but for wearing a lot of dresses, heels. I guess some women think the only reason a female would express herself, appearance-wise, with such traditional "girly-ness" is for attention or because she thinks she "should". Never because she just likes it. People are dumb.

• They're anti-choice and anti-self expression. I think you should protest. Make a sign that says "Pink is MY CHOICE" and protest outside your school. Fight for your rights!