What to do about the neighborhood problem?

How would you handle the one *&$! who takes out his leaf blower every day to chase leaves around for an hour or more? It bothers everyone within earshot.

Comments

• Tough one, if you live in the city limits call the city building and check to see if there is any kind of noise ordinance that he may be violating. More and more cities are adopting noise related ordinances. If there isn't one, then you might as well do what dogman suggested.

• Does this person have a life? It sounds like my neighbor. He will mow his yard....and take him hours, when it would take me by hand less than two...and he has a rider...and walks so freaking slow. Does it in the evening, when we are watching TV, and it totally bugs me. This guy has no life though...so, I am thinking maybe your neighbor and mine need to get together for a chat.

No serious...you could ask him if he could do it at a more convenient time. This is a touchy subject with people, so good luck. I feel for you.

• I know what you mean! We have one of those across the street from us. The woman has no job, so apparently her life mission is to blow leaves at least 3 times a week off her lawn. Its annoying, but I dont think there is anything you can do about it. Just try to ignore it.

I personally grab a cold one, sit on my front porch and laugh at her.

• Buy him a rake.

Rake the leaves yourself.

Cut down his trees.

Talk to your neighbor and ask him politely not to use it so often, or to use at times when you aren't home.

• When he gets done, place your lawnmower at your property line as close to him as you can get it and let it run for an hour. He'll get the hint.

• Ask him nicely, but it is within his right to do so.