What would you do if you have a stupid mother?

My mom is stupid and she made many stupid decisions. She is about 54. She had a comfortable life but she had a history of borrowing money, gambling and overusing her credit cards. Now she led herself into a situation where she is making no income, and staying at home all the time. She expects me to buy her lunch and dinner. She asked me how is Herbalife's stock doing yesterday because she is user of their product. She has no knowledge whatsoever in the field of finance. I told her don't ever think you would make money in the stock market as some members of Herbalife suggested...even though i studied finance at school, i am not even confident enough to make an investment. The thing is I can see her using up all her money and I will be the one who get into the trouble along with her.

Update:

She is making no income but she has saving.

Comments

• Your mother is not stupid, she's just bad at management. Tell her about how you feel in a direct yet polite way. It you yell at her, you will make her feel victimized which is never a good thing to do in this situation. Who knows? It might snap her out of her reverie.

• My mom has a stupid mother. I've been telling her to ignore her for years. She's finally listening.

• You said: "she is making no income".

Then you said: "using up all her money".

I'm a bit lost...

• I'm doing it now