I made a pot roast in the crock pot and it tastes too oniony.?

Does anyone know anything I can add to take some of the onion taste out?

Comments

• You can try diluting the onion flavor by adding alot of gravy. When I make pot roast, I usually use 3 cans of beef gravy and I never have that onion taste. Also I use sweet maui onions so that the flavor isnt too overpowering.

• peel a whole potato and cut it in half and put it into the roast. I know this helps to absorb some of the extra salt, so it might help, also take out the roast and the veggies, drain the liquid and put the beef and veggies back into the pot. Then add 1 pack of dry gravy mix and some of the liquid and some water and let it cook some more. The oniony taste may be in the gravy and not some much in the meat. good luck

• The roast or the juice at the bottom that you where going to use for your gravy. If the drippings are the culprit then use a beef broth for you gravy and add a little tomato paste to help mask the taste (Link is on the right track), add some aromatics to the gravy also to enhance it's flavor also

• Add some potatoes to absorb the onion taste

• Now that it's cooked? Hmm. You can try to overpower the onion by adding garlic or celery juice. It will be tough. Tomato based sauce would also help cover it up.

Next time, replacing some or all of the onion with celery might help.

• Drizzle liquid smoke over it or try barbeque sauce.