Why Do people throw rose petals for wedding?

My wedding is in Oct. and i thought about having the flower girl throw fall leaves but i don't know if it will look right bc weddings i've been to have rose petals.

Comments

• Flowers are thrown to resemble love and beauty in a wedding. Throwing leaves would be a unique change. The idea of throwing leaves needs to match with your wedding theme.

• People throw rose petals at their wedding because they have no imagination.

I think your idea is a terrific take on an overused tradition.

I have either been to weddings or been paid to do exactly what you are doing - mixing it up.

Anything you do will 'look right' if you are comfortable with it and you incorporate it into other parts of either the ceremony or reception.

You could use the fall leaves as coaster on the table or place many of them underneath the centerpiece or wrap and tie them around the napkins with raffia as napkin rings or glue the place cards onto a fall leaf. You can use them as much or as little as you like.

Anything you can do to make your wedding 'unique' and memorable for you and your guests is a plus - I say go for it ! ! !

Years ago I worked for an upscale florist - used by the 'rich' and 'famous' (although they were memorably annoying) - who paid us big bucks to come up with new ideas for their weddings.

I guess you won't be needing an 'east side' florist.

Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS ! ! !

I was at a wedding about eight years ago and still remember the unusual exit the guests were greeted with.

The bride and groom had decided to have a table set up at the exit foyer door of the reception hall, where the guests were handed a beautiful white porcelain 'bud' vase by the bride or groom and were then able to pick out a flower from a stunning table which had been set up with about a dozen beautiful large buckets - each filled with a single type of flower, in bud (not yet opened). So the guests left with a flower (or two) of 'their' choice and a great reusable porcelain bud vase - nice gift and unusual.

• I would suggest silk or paper leaves rather than real ones. They'd be a lot easier to clean up. Also real leaves depending on what kind they are might either turn brown or stain the floor where you are having the ceremony.

Otherwise I also think it's a nice idea; certainly different and something pretty.

• Rose pedals are a symbol of love.Especially if they are red.I think you should have your flower girl throw rose pedals for yor wedding.