How come Hindus in Malaysia can poke themselves with pins and needles and can't feel pain?

is this a sign that their god(s) are more powerful than mine?

should I convert?

discuss.

Update:

What does Hinduism have to do with Satanism???

Comments

• Charlie let m eexplain to u ,

first of all i dont know ur religion and ur God ,

The Hindus can poke pins and needles and cant feel pain, is because of their Gods or Deities has posses the person body and they are in a trance ,so they dont know whta had happend to them, frankly speaking not only the Hindus can do it, the Chinese Taoist like Nine Emperor Gods also can do it same likt the Thaipusam day ,and theThais can also do it too, why must they do this , this is to show to ppl how powerful their faith and deities are,it shows that their deities can protect them from this , but dont forget ,those who perform this , they have undergone some ritual before poking those thing like can;t eat meat ,cant drink liquor can sex for how many days ,not that simple

hope it can satisfy u

Satan is different thing , Satan is the enemy of God,and no religon accept him.,Hindu's deities and Taoist deities are Gods and Fairy not Satan

• Well...Satanists did say that Satan makes them richer (of course there is a price) but does that make me want to convert?

No.

You should be asking,

Are they happy in their lives or smiling?

That says quite alot.

Edit:

Many religions can say whatever miracles (come one, there are so many medicine man to witch doctors and other *insert specific name of spiritualists*) but in the end of the day does it make you happy with yourself? Is what I want to say in a simpler form.

One shouldn't be so 'hype out' about physical miracles but should concentrate more on the 'inside'. After all, what we see in a physical sense may not be the entire truth...

(especially when the brain which affects the body is still a black box to us)

Edit2: Forgot this,

Nor do we take our earthly bodies to the next realm.

@James H,

You forgot to mention 'Adversary'...Funny how you cut that out.

You also forgot that words have several meanings to it. Not just one meaning.

Like orange could mean a certain fruit or a color or a pigment producing the color 'orange' or a citrus tree producing oranges or a river in South Africa (if you haven't been counting its 5 meanings).

And its not just English...any language have several meanings to their words (which is why translation can be a pain in the a-s-s and takes quite a long time other than sentence structure and there is also the fact there are texts that shouldn't be taken at a literal level)

But of course that's in the Old Testament.

In the New Testament (yes, which we Christians follow more closely due to the arrival of Jesus) its Diabolos in Greek (the original language of NT) which other than false accuser:

a) slander, a calumniator, prone to slander

b) a metaphor applied to a man who, by opposing the cause of God, may be said to act the part of the devil or to side with him

Which we finally arrived with the biggest opposing force to God, the Devil.

But enough about my answer,

I'm more interested about your Hindu views on this question which you failed to answer in your anger towards me. I don't care how much jack-squat you throw at me but at least answer the question already...

@Datuk Seri Man

Actually...believe it or not...being a Satanist is a religion.

Its called the Church of Satan and they are officially in the US...(which is how I came across their point of views)

And there are Satanists in Malaysia of course these people are illegal... *sweatdrop*

• its funny how the idiot that brought up satan was a christian..

let me just show you why this person that gave you satan as a answer is dumb as abricks!

The word satan in hebrew means... "THE ACCUSER" lol thats what the translation of satan means, so as you can see that word was designed to catch out the finger pointer such as the retard that just accused another faith of unholy practise.

But then agian christians have always had limited education on their own faith and try so hard to twist words to suit their humans minds rather then the meanings of what god designed the words for as it was writen.

No hinduism is hinduims your all cool...

• My First time experience :

http://www.virtualmalaysia.com/thaipusam-experienc...

Want to know more about Malaysia, do visit this link :

http://www.virtualmalaysia.com/

• Oh this one you must wait for DSM to answer.

He is the one and only expert in YAM on this subjest.

• since all religions are based on fairy tale, you can convert freely w/o regard...go for it!