Stackable Washer/Dryer Advice?

i am in need of a new washer/dryer which must be stackable because of my space situation. so with that requirement i am wondering which brand is the best? i have looked at the LG DLE2514W & WM1814CW which runs around $649 & $749 respectively. this is the maximum i am willing to spend. is LG a reliable brand...say compared to whirlpool or fridgidaire? are there any other brands in that price range you would recommend over the LG? if so, why? what are the pros and cons of a belt driven unit versus a direct drive unit? any info you can pass my way is very much appreciated?

Update:

any comments on the whirlpool duet sport models WFW8300SW & WED8300SW which runs around $748.00 & $668.00 respectively? how do they compare to the LG models?

Comments

• We bought the LG's at the fall of 2005 and will NEVER go back to anything else again. RELIABLE. Direct drives last longer, fewer repairs. You will LOVE it....I promise...large comforters fit, uses little water. I rarely use the cycle for cottons and heavy loads as other cycles are just as good. The dryer is fantastic, NEVER EVER have had to use the HI (hottest) setting as the washer spin dries items so well they are just damp when done. BYPASS all others......the best and the little chimes sound cute too. We also bought the stacking kit, a little extra, it secures the dryer and adds only about 1 inch in height (LG cell phones are sadly not very good but washer and dryers are tops)