shopping in NYC?

im looking for clothing, thats not gonna make me go broke but also trendy & chic... i know a few, and i've been to a few but years ago and cant remember the names for locations.

Thanx!

Comments

• I'm always in the 34th Street area because I work there and go shopping on my lunch breaks...much to my boss's and coworker's chagrin...

But anyway, go into Manhattan Mall, they have plenty of stores with good prices. My favorites are Wet Seal, Charlotte Russe, and Aeropostale. There's also a Strawberry in there as well as shoe stores. I only go into H&M (not in the mall) for underwear.

There's also an American Eagle around Herald Square, their clothes aren't too expensive. Some of their graphic t-shirts are only $15.50 and their clearance rack usually has great deals. I remember getting two pairs of jeans there for roughly $15 each. This was awhile ago because I don't buy jeans from them anymore, they don't fit me as well as the Wet Seal jeans which are only $20.50.

• In Manhattan for to Herald Square which is on and about 34th street. Where you have 2 H&M store, a mall, Forever21, Daffys and several other trendy shops. Also in Manhattan is 14th street along there from about 6th avenue to the eastside there is Aldos, A HUGE forever21, a HUGE DSW shoe store, amungst some other smaller great shoppes.

• Between 34th and 35th on the west side of Broadway, there is a store called Conway. It sells very cheap and cute clothing (shirts for only 8 or 9 dollars!).

• all the answers are valid but they are mostly chains you can get outside of new york. if you're looking for some more unique stuff you can try some vintage and funky used clothing stores on St. Mark's in the East Village