Intergalatic Global Warming?

Scientist have discovered that the climates on Mars, Jupiter, and Pluto are in warming trends similar to Earth.

Does this cast doubt on the whole global warming debate?

Or is this just happenstance?

Is mankind causing climate change intergalactically? (Don't answer this one.)

Update:

The thing that bugs me about the global warming debate is that this warming trend just seems like a natural occurance to me. Also, some people are just alarmist to the issue, saying we have to cut emissions to save the planet for our children. Why not just say we should ctu emissions to clean up our environment. For cleaner air and cleaner water. That would be more compelling to me than to just say, "Change your habits or you'll kill us all!"

Comments

• Increased solar radiation may be warming other planets, but it's not the main cause of the recent and rapid warming of the Earth.

Actual data shows it's not increased solar radiation that's the major cause of global warming on Earth, it's us. Solar radiation is carefully measured. Climatologists include it in their analysis. Did you think they wouldn't do that?

The results are in the report below. Increased solar radiation is 0.12 watts per meter squared. Man's warming is 1.6 watts per meter squared, more than ten times as much.

http://www.ipcc.ch/spm2feb07.pdf

The problem with global warming in rich countries is that it threatens to cost us huge amounts of money. We have a lot of people and stuff in low lying coastal areas that will need to be moved or abandoned. And our intensive agriculture system is very tied to current patterns of temperature and precipitation. Fixing that won't be cheap, either.

• Actually, warming trends on non-terrestrial planets are just part of the big picture of solar activity.

Reading the popular media can lead a person to conclude that "global warming" is:

o- either a hoax to promote business opportunities, politicians agenda and scientists grant money.....

OR

o- a problem related to overpopulation, industrialization and fossil fuels whose solution options lie in solar power, wind power, geothermal power and nuclear fusion....

However, the correct answer may be altogether different:

NASA has released never-before-seen images that show the sun's magnetic field is much more turbulent and dynamic than previously known. The international spacecraft Hinode, formerly known as Solar B, took the images. Hinode was launched Sept. 23 to study the sun's magnetic field and its explosive energy. National Aeronautics and Space Administration scientists said the spacecraft's uninterrupted high-resolution observations of the sun are expected to have an impact on solar physics comparable to the Hubble Space Telescope's impact on astronomy. "For the first time, we are now able to make out tiny granules of hot gas that rise and fall in the sun's magnetized atmosphere," said Dick Fisher, director of NASA's Heliophyics Division. "These images will open a new era of study on some of the sun's processes that effect Earth, astronauts, orbiting satellites and the solar system." Hinode is a collaborative mission led by

the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and includes the European Space Agency and Britain's Particle Physics Astronomy Research

Council. NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., managed the development of the Hinode's scientific instrumentation provided by industry and federal agencies.

>>> as regards alternative energy methods, I favor development of the technology for nuclear fusion using lunar Helium 3

• Just my 2 cents.

That does seem like a flaw that needs to be considered and addressed by science.

However I don't think either side of the argument can claim to know what it really means. It could be direct proof against anthropogenic global warming which it seems like. Or it could be completely unrelated. Our planet has been extensively studied and characterized with satellites and observation. Without such characterization it is difficult to compare other planets to ours.

It is quite interesting.

• Well they think u are using more than your share. And they figure how much your share should be. Gore is afraid u will use up the fuel for his plane. They picked the main green house gases. CO2 they think is very bad that is strange sense God put plants here to clean up our air. If God did that I am sure it will be good. Then there is methane but that is wrong too . Methane is a very light gas and goes very high in our atmosphere. Now tell me how they measured it. I have Sean some other data that indicates that there is no huge lake of methane in the upper atmosphere. It is gone what did they do with it??

• The only cause of global warming is an anomaly in the earth's orbit, from time to time, the earth get closer to the sun and that creates the warming, sometimes (every 12000 years) the earth gets further and it creates ice age...

I'm pretty sure what's happening on other planets is related.

• global warming doesnt exist

no

no

no