Birds chirping at night in Florida?

Hi, well this has just been starting for the past month. And everynight, the birds have been chirping throughout the night... Even in the very late hours of night and the early hours of the next day like 1 2 3 am.. This has just started, it's really weird, it's not songs, it's just chirping, I always thought that birds don't chirp at night and that's like a bad sign or something... Can u like tell me if this is normal for birds to chirp at night in florida in the month of October... I dint know If this means anything, but it has been irregularly hot this year.. Such as 90F when it should be 70F

Comments

• Many birds are migrating at this time of year, and they have issues getting used to time changes around certain parts of the area, such like we do when we travel. Also, they may be mating, depending what species the bird is, and the males are trying to attract the females. I personally think you have a flock of nocturnal migrating birds in your area!

• I would go with the mating as well. I also live in Florida...I was born and raised here, and I know for fact peacocks do the mating calls at night more than during the day. (As I discovered the very first night living in this house, it happened to be mating season when I moved in...freaked me out at first...I did not know WHAT it was, lol...guess that is what happens when a city girl moves to the country!) They go alllllllllllllll night long.

Some birds do prefer night to seek out mates, don't know why...maybe it is harder for predators to see them or something so they feel safter? I know conventional wisdom tells us that birds use their pretty feathers to attract mates (such as the peacock) but they really do use mating calls/songs as well. Some birds can just sound like they are chirping. (Especially if you do not know the kind of bird or what its mating call sounds like)...and others like the peacock, can sound like a cat mixed with a clown horn, lol! In fact, we are heading into peacock mating season now...it is the craziest sound!

• The chuck-will's-widow (Antrostomus carolinensis) is a nocturnal bird of the nightjar family Caprimulgidae. It is found in the southeastern United States near swamps, rocky uplands, and pine woods.